Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Rescue Book Review

Mr. Sparks,

You've done it again! Most of you are probably familiar with Nicholas Sparks books. If you're not familiar with his literary work, I'll just say his books will make you feel a range of emotions.

I just finished The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks and boy was it good! I had just come off of reading The Wedding by Sparks as well, so I was hoping that this book would be just as good.

The Rescue follows a single mom named Denise and her fateful encounter with a volunteer firefighter named Taylor. At the beginning of the book we know that Denise is trying to beat out the rain storm while driving to the small town she is now living in. When a deer suddenly appears in the middle of the road, she was forced to try and avoid hitting it.

Taylor, one of the volunteer firefighters in the town, happened to find her while looking for downed power lines. He is thrown into an unexpected rescue mission to help the injured single mom, and her son who has disappeared from the car. Through the rest of the book we find out what happens to their relationship post Denise's car accident.

Let's talk about the characters!

Denise is a hard working, loving, and patient single mother. She has put her son first since the day he was born. Her character is very relatable, and you can empathize with her through her struggles. She always keeps her head up, and tries her hardest to make the best out of a not so good situation.

Taylor is a contractor by day and a volunteer firefighter by night. He is a hardworking man who has been down on his luck recently with past relationships and the death of his father. His character isn't afraid to take risks. He is sometimes careless though which did tend to get a little annoying. Taylor is more of the introvert who loves to help rescue people from their own problems.

I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars on my goodreads account. You can check it out here. https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30265871-hope-ortego

I won't say too much more about the book because I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say this. I was expecting to cry, but I didn't! If you're looking for a Nicholas Sparks book that won't make you ball your eyes out, I think this one is a good pick. I did however tear up with the very last line. Mostly because it was just very touching and heart warming.

Let me know in the comments below what you thought of the book, or what your favorite Nicholas Spark book is!




XoXo,

Hope



No comments:

Post a Comment